Please Be Aware:
An official Notary Public will verify your identity and your signature on legal documents, NOT the content of your document, with proper photo identification.
- Bring current, unexpired photo identification with a signature issued by a U.S. state or federal government such as a driver's license, state ID card, U.S. military ID, or passport.
- DO NOT sign the document beforehand. Documents must be signed in the Notary's presence.
- When witnesses are required in addition to a Notary, provide your own witnesses with current photo identification with a signature. The library will not supply witnesses for you.
We cannot notarize.
- Documents that are already signed
- Any real estate documents or transactions
- Government Form 1-9 or Employment Eligibility Verification
Notary Publics will not provide service if the requestor, document, or circumstance of the request raises an issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for the library. In this event, Notary Public, at their sole discretion, may decline to provide notary public service.